It is requested that if you have a fever or do not feel well, please stay home. Please let us know so we can be praying for your health.
Everyone should use their best judgment on deciding what they need to do and to respect each other’s decisions and space. COVID-19 should only be a physical issue, let us all work together to not let it become a divisive spiritual issue.
Philippans 2:1-4 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
We are making the following adjustments as we once again assemble at the building.
- We ask that each family try and space six feet from others when you take your seats. If you sit on one end of a pew then the people sitting in front of you and behind you should be sitting at the other end of their pews. We have a small congregation so we should be able to spread out sitting at alternate ends of the rows. It may require some adjustment so that people on the inside aisle are not directly across from each other.
- For dismissal so that people are not walking past each other please exit starting with the back row as you would see done at a wedding. Patiently await those behind you to exit before you. It is sad that this impacts on our family fellowship, but for the time being it is for the best. As you exit the auditorium please continue to observe “social distancing”.
These not in any order of importance as we believe each action to be of equal importance, please note the following.
- Songs: The song leader will lead the songs from the podium.
- Prayer: All leading of prayers will be offered from the pulpit.
- Communion: The person directing our thoughts for communion will do so from the podium. We will be using single serving communion cups for the time being. You can find these in a container on the table at the building entrance. Each serving will be in a plastic bag which you can use to contain the empty service after completion of the Lord’s Supper. A trash bin will be at the entry of the auditorium for you to drop your empties in as you leave.
- Contribution: It has been decided for the time being to have a box on the side table in the back for you to deposit your contribution when you enter or when you leave. “Please continue to observe “social distancing”.
- Bible Study: Has been returned to the building at 10:00 AM on Sunday. Wednesday Bible study is under review.
- Other guidelines:
It is optional to wear masks while in the building. There are some available in the entryway. Should the situation change masks may again be required in the building.
Highly recommend the following:
- No hugs, shaking hands, kissing, etc. Please do your best to observe the social distancing guidelines provided by the CDC and medical community (6 feet).
- Restrooms will have sanitizing wipes. Please dispose of any you use in the trash can. Use common sense when using restrooms as it is hard to social distance in those areas.
- The classrooms are a “no access area” for the time being.
The goal remains the same as it was when the decision was made to move worship to individual homes and virtual connectivity; keep everyone safe and healthy.
There has never been a situation like this in our lifetimes. Please continue your prayers for the Lord’s church as well as our state and country’s leaders.